Timberline Helicopters provides utility aviation and charter services. Using proven aircraft, highly experienced crews, a late model ground support fleet, and a "can-do" attitude we endeavor to exceed customer expectations whatever the project. If you need something or someone moved by helicopter, Timberline Helicopters can accomplish the mission anytime and anywhere.
UH-60 Refurbishment/Type Certification
Timberline Helicopters Inc. is a recognized leader in helicopter external load operations around the world. Now we are leveraging our knowledge of these operations to offer customers a high quality UH-60A Refurbishment and Type Certification Program. We understand how important dispatch reliability is to customer satisfaction when operating in austere environments far from home base. Your aircraft will be built to the same standards as an aircraft being built for our own operations.
The first step in this program is for us to have a thorough understanding of your intended mission. With this information we can develop a plan, with your input, to deliver exactly the systems and equipment needed.
- A thorough receiving inspection to assess installed equipment and determine if any components should be replaced during the refurbishment process.
- Complete external paint removal using environmentally friendly peroxide based chemical stripper and a sodium bicarbonate blasting system.
- Complete strip and repaint of interior cabin walls and floors
- Removal of excess military wiring and provisions for additional weight savings
- Full PMI1/PMI2 – “Reset”
- Accomplishment of any other required inspections
- Installation of Eagle Copters P139HD digital audio system with capacity for 12 radios/12 headsets, expandable to 16 radios/18 headsets
- Custom paint to customer specification
- Type Certification (if required) under our Restricted Category Type Certificate # R00052SE
- All required manuals and ICA documents
- Complete post maintenance test flight
Base aircraft includes:
Depending on the condition of the incoming aircraft, this program typically takes between 5,000 and 7,500 man hours to complete with total shop visit time varying between 4 and 6 months.
- Mission specific radios including – Technisonic, Garmin, Trig, and Cobham equipment
- External load control system for operating Bambi Bucket or remote hook
- Optional Fuel Purge Collector system to eliminate overboard fuel drainage on engine shutdown under Timberline's STC# SR02597SE
- Garmin radios and display systems
- High visibility main and tail rotor blades
- Minimum number of hours remaining on major components
- T700-GE-701D upgraded engines
- Improved Durability Gearbox (IDGB)
- Hoist provision
- Pilots and engineers to assist your crews in transition into a new aircraft.
Our experience operating these aircraft in all types of utility operations means we can supply you with the best UH-60A available to the civilian and para public operator. Contact us today to learn more about our capabilities.
From initial project survey to the final inspection Timberline Helicopters has the experience needed to safely complete all facets of powerline construction. Some of our experience includes providing heavy lift helicopters for 500kV powerline construction in remote areas. From vegetation clearing to foundation construction to tower assembly to wiring stringing and site rehabilitation we have done it all. Our flight crews are particularly known for their “on the bolts” accuracy that is absolutely necessary for the safe completion of projects, especially while crews may be working hundreds of feet above the ground handling loads weighing up to 8,000 lbs.
Using highly skilled pilots and experienced linemen Timberline Helicopters has completed many types of powerline maintenance. These maintenance tasks have included marker ball installation and replacement, bird diverter installation, mid span wire repairs, fiber installation, damper replacement, and patrol operations. Timberline Helicopters is approved by both San Diego Gas & Electric and Southern California Edison for these types of work.
Ski Lift Construction
Ski lifts are built where it snows, naturally, but this is usually in locations that feature extreme terrain and/or altitude. For over 8 years Timberline Helicopters has assembled more ski lifts in the Western United States than all other companies offering this service combined. We are often involved with the ski lift builder early in the design phase to ensure that the contemplated loads can be delivered safely at the altitudes required. Additionally, we keep at least one aircraft available during summer for Ski Lift and other types of work when most other operators concentrate on firefighting operations and may not be available.
Each summer, Timberline Helicopters provides helicopters and crews to state and federal government agencies for wildland firefighting operations in the US and Australia. Using our own proprietary powerfill bucket technology and highly experienced pilots we typically can bring more water more accurately to the wild land firefighter than much larger aircraft.
Helicopter logging is an environmentally friendly way to extract valuable timber from areas that are inaccessible or cannot be disturbed. Timberline Helicopters began as a helicopter logging company and we have 1,000’s of hours of experience with all types of logging projects. As the population moves further into the wildland urban interface helicopter logging has become a preferred method of reducing the fuel loading to prevent catastrophic fires from burning homes and buildings. We have completed these types of projects from Washington to South Dakota to California and provided consulting services for the setup and administration of these projects.
If you need to move something large by air there is a good chance we have already done something similar. From installing air handling equipment on buildings, transporting statues into inaccessible areas, dropping test loads for parachute development, or surgical removal of a tree piece by piece out of a backyard, Timberline Helicopters has the experience needed to complete any project requiring aerial transport.
In 2013, Timberline Helicopters became a Part 145 certificated repair station. Currently our capabilities include the Schweizer 300, Bell UH-1, Kaman K-Max, Sikorsky UH-60, and MD-500D/530F.